Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Internship Day 4

Internship Project Questions:

1. What academic skills could you use on the job?
I think with meals on wheels you have to be good at numbers to an extent. The main project idea I have is to plan a fund raiser event. I will be having a budget to spend and a goal to make. I think the This American Life project will really help me.
2. What forms of collaboration could you use in a project?
I don't understand what this is saying. I'm pretty sure I'm working by myself.
3. What technical skills can you use at your internship?
Well, one of the things we are doing right now are rebuilding the website and sending out a news letter. Today I was working on finding pictures on websites to buy.
4. What new things can you learn while working at your site?
I feel as if I can learn alot from working here. I have already learned how to use a fancy copy machine, it's actually pretty cool. I also want to learn how to plan a good fund raiser with the other adults. I feel as if I can really take that back with me to ASB.
5. How can you exhibit, showcase or otherwise share your work?
We don't plan on having a fund raiser for a while, but I could show my main goal, make an excel spread sheet showing where money is coming in and out. I could also make a bar graph saying if x number of people came we could make y amount of money.
6. How can your work or your skills & abilities help your company or organization?
Meals On Wheels runs mostly on donations, so having a fund raiser will benifit them emensly! Were talking about having soup, better deserts, we give gifts and discounts to people. Over all a fund raiser would help A TON!

My Day:
Today was a longer day. I went to the kitchen and helped out there. I really didn't realize how much work is done there, there is SO much double checking! I went out to deliver meals to the voliteers with Kim. She was super sweet, she got me a Dr. Pepper and a snickers so she's good in my book! That took till about 1:00. When we got back we helped orginize all the hot plates, ice packs and coolers. We went back to the main office around 1:45. The other interns left, but I stayed a while to see if they needed me to do anything else. KiKi had me looking up pictures for our news letter coming out. I think I earned some points cause i didn't leave til 2:45, yesterday i left at 2:30. I've been staying a litte later than the other two and finishing up stuff. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm just excited to get my project tommorow and not have to keep doing runs and stuff. I want to start on something! People in the office I think like me, I try be as out going as possible, they now know me as the "funny girl with a lot of pets," haha. I guess i could be called worse so whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About My Company!

Meals On Wheels is an amazing company! The main goal is to deliver healthy meals to elders unable. To some it may just seems like food, but some of our clients are all alone and us visiting them makes their life better. There are 100 to 120 volinteers a day and 19 routes to deliver meals. There are 4 places we work out of, Metro, South County, East county, and North Country.

Followers