Monday, January 11, 2010

Internship Day 3



1. What skills would you like to develop at your site?
At my site I would really just like to get an inside look at a real work enviorment. I want to be able to help with the company and work a little bit on my profesionalism, work ethic, and keeping a posative attitude. With Meals On Wheels there aren't deffinate skills you need, you just really have to belive in the company and support the clients.
2. What interests do you have regarding the work done at your site?
I did Meals On Wheels when I was younger with my Aunt and cousins and I really believe in the orginization. Some of the people are all alone, no friends and no family so getting a simple meal a day and human contact keeps them alive, litterally.
3. What needs can you address (needs your mentor has, your company has, etc.) based on your skills and interests?
Like I said before the only need that I should have is to be a caring, trustworthy, and hard wroking intern. I feel like I am all of the above.

My day:
Today I went on a run with Martha, that means to go deliver the actual meals, I had a lot of fun. The people were very grateful and it was touching how much they cared about just 10 minutes of my time and a meal. I got there at 8 and left around 2:30. I also made binders and started looking for pictures for the new website. I felt really welcome and like I had been working there for years. I had about an hour of down time were I was just waiting for stuff to print or copy. I can't wait to just get my project and start working. I think it is going to be help building the website and planning a fund raiser. I have a few ideas already!











Today was the day I realized this was the right internship for me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About My Company!

Meals On Wheels is an amazing company! The main goal is to deliver healthy meals to elders unable. To some it may just seems like food, but some of our clients are all alone and us visiting them makes their life better. There are 100 to 120 volinteers a day and 19 routes to deliver meals. There are 4 places we work out of, Metro, South County, East county, and North Country.

Followers